Friday 10 April 2015

The final push

Well, it's the weekend before KotN 2015 and it's time for the final push. Nost of this time will be spent marking up the bases with squad markings. Personally I go with the old school method of painting the rims of the bases with a primary unit colour and then marking up a small section with the squad colour. For example my IG platoons are coloured red, yellow and blue, with the PCS being solid colour, and the squads marked with colours. I.e. Red or 1st platoon - PCS is solid red, 1 squad is red with blue marker, 2nd squad is red with yellow marker, 3rd squad is red with white marker and 4th squad is red with black marker.


This may not look as cool on the board as the bases stand out a lot, but it makes squad identification a lot quicker and easier, especially when your all squished up behind an agies line.

 I use a similar system for my marines, with the various types of units having a colour, tacs are red, fast are blue, etc, again it May not look as cool as some but it is easy to tell troops apart. I do also mark up shoulder pads and helmets as well, although this is usually more subtle and so harder to recognise at a glance.

My MT are done slightly differently, but are marked up Iin a similar fashon.



I am also hoping to get a few more models base painted or even sort out the Wyvern conversions a little more, as the mortars on one are very basic and, to be frank, rubbish. I've been meaning to build a different setup for a while but have yet to get around to it, although my scratch building skills are somewhat lacking, if present at all! I have good ideas of what I want to achieve but lack any skill or ideas on how to actually achieve them, but I suppose if I keep practicing I'll get there in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment