Friday 7 August 2015

MT's WIP

Well, here we are, the first pictures of my new MT's! There are a few pictures here. I've finished a few of the units, as pictures below, but to start, here are some pictures of the unit in all its current glory.
 

 
Two shots, above and below. The command squads are on the left, with the main squad on the furthest left and containing a vox, medic, standard and a flamer alongside the Commanding Officer. The second command squad contains just a vox and 3 HS volley guns. The 6 squads on the left have 2 special weapons each, totalling 4 of each of HS Volley, Plasma and Melta. All squads also contain a vox and 4 Scions. You might also notice one bloke out of formation at the back, they will be carring a flamer, one of the weapons that can be seen in the pile in the middle.


 
The commanders. One the left is the 2ic, with bolter and sword, wearing his cloak of office and on the right is the Commander, with better cloak and staff. This shot also shows the difference between the GW and Dreamforge models, although the DF model has GW arms and the GW model has a DF head. I'm not too sure how I'm going to paint the arms and head of the Commander as the base was airbrushed and when painted it looks very different. I'll figure it out at some point!


These boys are from the Commanders squad. The vox caster has a slightly modified GW vox from the Scion boxset, the cable from handset now connects at the top and not the bottom, and the arms were modified slightly so that they fitted properly on the model. I know some might wonder why the guy is on a handset when he has a helmet fitted, but lets just ignore that and realise that the bloke looks cool, shouting out orders or calling for support. The Standard bearer is all DF, I pondered the GW standard but its very specific, being pre-printed with the emblem. The DF model is still pre-printed but at least its different, I do prefer having the option for a plain standard to use (even if my free hand is crap!!) I'm not to happy with the standard bearers right arm, I wanted a pretty static pose, but the only arm options I had didn't look right, so it might be coming off and I'll have to see about converting the arm to bring it closer to the body.


Finally a close up of some troopers. As you can see there all a work in progress. On the left is the new HS Volley gunner, with a weapon from the DF Panzerjager boxset. I cut of the stock, but now I'm wondering if it looks a little front heavy, but I still think it looks good, like a proper support weapon. The bloke in the middle is one of two flamers that will be in my army. The flamer is a compact variant, similar to the compact lasguns that the troopers carry. Also you might notice that the flamer carries its tank backwards, this is so that in urban or jungle combat the tank wont get caught on anything and drag back the trooper, but it will slide over the obstacle. The last man is the Command squad medic. As with the command squad vox caster, its a DF model with GW arms, and also a GW Cadian medics backpack (which you cant see) so he's fully kitted out as a medic.


I'm hoping to get a compressor for my airbrush soon, and then I'll try and get these models base coated. Once there base coated there fairly easy to paint up as there is not masses of detail. I'll hopefully get some photos of the ladies up here soon, once I've got some arms and possibly weapons on them. I'm still considering a box of Eisenkern stormtroopers to put each squad up to 9 troopers each and the two command squads, but on the other hand I'm thinking of fielding this lot as the Ground Assault force, so only 1 command and 3 squads with 4 transports, hopefully the one from Anvil Industries. In addition the new scout vehicle they have previews of may well solve my Tauros problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment