Friday 22 January 2016

2015

Well, I've been reading around and a few bloggers are doing 2015 updates, you know the type, what I did this/last year, like this one. Anyway I thought I would do something similar and give a bit of a run down on whats happened this year. I know I touched on areas in other posts but I thought I'd bring it all together in to one post.

So, what happened in 2015? Well, the first part of the year was taken up with the birth of my daughter, so in terms of gaming, not a lot happened. However, what did happen was all geared towards the Kings of the North 2015 tournament that I attended in April.

Kings of the North was a very well run and hugely enjoyable tournament, one in which I did not disgrace myself in, so I was happy. If I remember rightly I finished 17 out of 22, not great as I made a few mistakes and really didn't bring an optimised tournament list, more of a list of units I liked the sound/look off! Next time I get to a tournament I will take a more dedicated list and see how that goes.

After KotN, most of my effort went in to completing my MT force, the Dagr Ormr. This was done with the use of Dreamforge Eisenkern and Panzerjager units along with a box of the GW MT's. I also got hold of a compressor to go with my airbrush, not that I have actually got around to using it yet! The rest of the year was spent mostly putting together my other forces, building the Hjaltland and Hrossey Guard units and also finishing off the Eagle Knights.

So all in all, not an overly successful year, although I got a few units built, I got very little painted, I don't think my paints have been out for several months! I would like to get a few more units painted, even if its just undercoated/base coated with the airbrush!

Towards the end of the year, I did take a little journey in to the world of Green Stuff, rather successfully if I do say so myself.

On the whole thought, not a lot has happened this year on the hobby front, on the fluff front a lot has happened, mostly with this blog and the putting pen to paper to record the thoughts in my head. It appears that there are quite a few people out there who like reading my ramblings. So thanks for reading! I even tried my had at a bit of fan fluff, I know, it needs some work, but I enjoyed writing it. I wouldn't mind writing a few more bits, but I don't really have the time.

So all in all, hopefully next year will be a little more productive on the hobby front and I may even get my paints out at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment