Friday 13 January 2017

2017 the plan

So having looked back over 2016, its time to look forward to 2017. The question is what do i want to achieve this year? Well, lets have a look shall we?

1) the main painting objective this year will be the Eagle Knights. I would like to get all the models based orange at the very least.

2) table terrain and gaming surface. Having just got a mat and mdf terrain for Christmas, I need  to get on with building and painting the terrain!

3) base my finished models in relation to my new mat. So some sort of green flock is needed.

4) defend my title at Northern Invasion 5.

5) sell off models. Mainly my extra guard models and most of the Emperors Diciples.

6) finalize a list for the Dark Guardians

7) model up the dark guardians

8) crack out the airbrush and prime some models! Goes with (1)

9) sort out my storage, I have cases but no storage trays. Empty cases are pretty useless.

10) when/if I sell off models (5), I will use the money to purchase new transport for the Dagr Ormr and extra models for the dark guardians, if needed.

11) add to the fluff. This applies to all my forces. I've got plenty of ideas, just need to get pen to paper.

All in all, I think that I should be able to complete a lot of these by next year. Painting is always a challenge, but I want to try and get my Knights done to a standard that I can take them to NI5. This might not be the best army for defending my title, but I don't want to take the same army two years in a row and it would be a fun force to play with.

I'm really looking forward to getting my mat and terrain sorted, this will make my games that much better and the pictures look that much nicer on the blog. It also means that I can build towards the fluff and have a little campaign going on. On that front, my blog has been mentioned a few times on other sites over the last year and one of the things that's been picked up on is the fluff that I've got going on. It will be one of the main aims this year to really try and push that part of the blog and get some more in-depth stories for the characters and add to the various armies fluff.

I'm looking forward to a new year of hobbying!

No comments:

Post a Comment