Friday 10 February 2017

Valkyrie WIP

This is my latest work, my Valkyrie. It was a present last Christmas (that would be 2016). Is been built for a while and has seen some action but I have not had a chance to get any paint on it. However, we have a guest with us at the moment, an old friend of the wife's, so I have been having a bit of time to paint while the two ladies demolish bottles of wine and watch girly films. Some pictures of the Valkyrie as it stands at the moment. I'm hoping to have it completed by the time our guest goes home or it could be a while before I get it finished.

The top of the hull

Half finished. The base will be painted blue, similar to the underside of the wings (below)

The crew and cabin.

The wings

The base.

The top

The Valkyrie still has a way to go before it is complete. the top of the hull still need another coat of green and the hull bottom is going to get a coat of blue, similar to the wings, although it will be a lighter shade of blue. I'm not sure what the difference between the colour of the hull and the wings will result in, I'm hoping that it will result in the wings being less visible and hence hide the outline of the ship, kind of like camouflage. I might just put some camouflage on the top, but I have not decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment